Historical fiction has to be factually correct or you will lose your readers. Rachel explains how she researches and plots her historical fiction.
Rachel Cheríe is my first and middle name. Here’s some info about me:
* Has been actively writing stories on and off since elementary school.
* Completed her first novel manuscript at the age of 14 after an illness kept her bedridden for several weeks.
* Used to enjoy reading, but after 3 middle school years in a school-mandated reading program, actually doesn’t care for reading anymore.
* Has continued writing not just from personal motivation and love of the art, but also from strong encouragement from close friends and family.
* Self published her first book in 2005, during her Freshman year of college instead of going through the full publishing process. This book is now being published through Tate Publishing with a new title of Daughters of the High Seas (Book 1): Treachery at Martinique Isle.
* Self-taught herself web design and does it on the side.
* Currently living in California with her husband, son, and multiple pets (3 cats, 1 dog, and 3 leopard geckos).
Find Rachel On Social Media: